Raising Ethical Children
Sunday Ethical Education for Kids (SEEK) is a multi-age (infant on up) program held Sunday mornings at
the same time as the adult presentation.
All children whose parents are attending the adult presentation are welcome. There is no fee.
Each week there is a lesson taught by a rotation of volunteer teachers that relates to one of the
12 Core Values of ethical education.
Lessons often include stories, discussions, crafts or games. Children regularly attending
SEEK keep a journal where they can draw or write something they learned that day in order to better
process and remember the lesson that was taught.
Emphasis is placed on helping children learn from one another, develop confidence in their own
abilities and enhance their knowledge of the world and the people in it.
If you have questions about SEEK or would like to become part of the volunteer teaching rotation,
please contact Sunday School Coordinator Kari Schone.
12 Core Values of Ethical Education
- Ethics is my way
- Every person is important and unique
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly
- I can learn from everyone
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and the life upon it
- I learn from the world around me by using my senses, mind and feelings
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and
- I can learn from the past to build for the future
- I am free to question
- I am free to choose what I believe
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions
- I strive to live my values